Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yin and french toast

And so begins day 2 of my yoga challenge.

I did 20 minutes of Yin yoga as soon as I woke up. Those of you not familiar with yoga - Yin yoga is a style of practice that is mellow and restorative and consists of seated poses. 

Afterward, I definitely felt more relaxed and eager to face the day.

I had the last bit of a loaf of bread that I needed to use up. 

French toast with a greek yogurt topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon and maple syrup.

 I put 1 egg, 1 tsp. of milk and a pinch of salt in a shallow bowl and beat together. The bowl was fairly small so I cut one piece of toast into 3 pieces. It was delicious, slightly eggy tasting and I really liked how the greek yogurt was a nice tart contrast to the syrup.

I did have some of the egg mixture left over so I made a very thin crepe that the dogs shared.



I think veggies and fruit will play a heavy roll in my lunch. I am feeling the need for some greens!

I was planning on cleaning up my patio table which at the moment is piled high with books that I have read in the last couple of weeks or so.

I definitely have a reading addiction - I regularly run through 2 - 3 books in a week.  And I am now seeing why people are raving about the kindle just for the reduction it would make in my book collecting would be worth it. 


But it is a rare rainy day here in Silicon Valley so I will have to pick some kind of indoor project to do((
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, sorry I've been gone (school is kicking my butt!). That french toast looks so good. The greek yogurt and syrup idea is awesome. I don't like syrup plain so I'll have to try it. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete