Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tortilla tea sandwiches

For some reason I woke up with a craving for tea sandwiches. You know the kind - tiny triangles of bread with cream cheese and cucumber.


After inspecting the contents of my fridge - I realized I didn't have any cream cheese and the only bread I had on hand was a hearty wheat - not what I really wanted.


So, instead, I took a corn tortilla and browned it in a little coconut oil in the fry pan. When both sides were brown and crispy - I cut the tortilla into four triangles.

Then I mixed tuna fish with mustard and pepper. I put a heaping teaspoon of the tuna on each square and topped with some thinly sliced cucumber.






It was a nice light breakfast. 


On my ongoing quest to try to include sardines in my diet - I opened a can of these:




They turned out to be huge and plump - take a look - 



 There were only three filets in the can so I put one aside just incase I get brave enough to try one :-)


The dogs gobbled downed one nori wrapped sardine each.




Anyone have a great recipe for sardines?? One that minimizes the fishy taste?

1 comment: