Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time for sushi

Since I started the day on a healthy note, I kept the theme going for lunch.

Avocado inside-out roll.
 The things you will need:



A bamboo mat to roll the sushi. Wrap the bamboo mat in plastic wrap for easy cleanup. The nori sheets are pretty large, so for the simple rolls I was making today I cut them in half. You can leave them whole if you are doing the larger rolls with more filling.

I steamed some carrots and sliced up some cucumber and avocado.

And, of course, you will need sushi rice. 


I cooked 1 cup of brown rice in 2 cups of water. When it was done cooking I added in 2 Tbsp. of rice wine vinegar and fluffed the rice with a fork until it had begun to cool.







In total, I made carrot, avocado and cucumber rolls. 






Why bother making sushi at home? For me the big plus is I can totally leave out the wasabi. I hate the taste of horseradish - blek!

And if you want a step-by-step guide to rolling sushi - This website is one of my favorites: Sushi*Vids


I was also working on this for dinner tonight:



Nope, it is not a drink :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment