Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A great begining

I am still have some treats up my sleeve from my trip to the Milk Pail market

After 8 blissful hours of sleep I jumped out of bed because I had a special treat waiting for me to pop it into the oven.

And since I am horrible at waiting and I imagine you are too - here it what I was looking forward to:




Croissant hot out of the oven with soft butter, blackberry preserves and espresso, Sigh...
When I spotted these at the Milk Pail market - I squealed in delight.

Frozen croissants
 They were available by the dozen or half dozen. Since it is just me I picked up the half dozen. But I do have to say I think the idea of this - individually frozen croissants that I can throw into the oven any morning I want? BRILLIANT.

Well, you cant exactly throw them in straight from the freezer. First you need to pull one out the night before.


Put it in a nice warm place overnight - I put mine on a baking tray in the oven. Please note: the oven was turned off.

The croissant will rise overnight. I woke up and it was all puffed up and pretty. I should have taken a picture of that but I was in a bit of a rush to get it in the oven :-)

Then in it goes into a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until it turns a golden brown.

Here it is again: 




My brother's birthday is tomorrow and I am bringing him out for a special lunch today. It will include some east coast favorites.

Check back later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment