Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

I can never get enough Tom Kha Gai

I took the dogs for a long walk this morning even though I feel bereft without my Garmin. But I am holding out hope that I will find it sometime this weekend.

I was heading home after finishing my errands, contemplating what I would make for lunch, when I spotted this great whole-in-the-wall Thai restaurant.

I couldn't resist stopping in and ordering some of my favorite soup for take-away.

 
Tom Kha Gai soup

This soup is rich and just the tiniest bit spicy with juicy chunks of chicken, onion, cilantro, lemon grass and mushrooms.

I could drink a gallon of this soup! 


The sides were just as delicious:

Steamed rice and green papaya salad.

You need to see a close up of the papaya salad.

Shredded green papaya, carrot, green bean, tomato, peanut, garlic and lime juice.

 All in all, a wonderful lunch!




 Guess what else I picked up while I was out?

New dish towels!
Aren't they bright and cheery? I am withholding them from the kitchen until it is finished being organized.

I think this makes me a passive/aggressive kitchen owner...

Tonight I am going to try and remake a dish my favorite restaurant took off their menu years ago.

See y'all later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment