Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Impulse control - is it really necessary?

I did get out and about today.

I hit Best Buy and Target. I am considering getting a printer that has the ability to scan. Yeah, I know I am living in the dark ages.
I did successfully resist the urge to buy horror movies because I really don't have any room for more dvd's.

So that got me thinking about impulse control. Yes, I did manage to not spend money and not bring home stuff I don't have room for. But now I face a night without a new exciting horror movie to watch, hmmm, is impulse control worth it?

I wanted something that would be fast when I got home.

The major players.
I decided on peanut noodles tonight. I don't have a recipe since I just make it to taste. But the short version is:


Put 1/2 cup of the chicken stock in a pan. Add in 2-3 Tbsp. of peanut butter. This one is honey flavored so initially I did not add in honey - but I did end up adding about 2 tsp. of honey.


Add in some soy sauce. You can add in some hot sauce but I didn't have any. Chop up 1-2 cloves of garlic and add to the pot. 


Let it simmer so it reduces to a thick sauce. 


Since I was just using one pan - I set aside the sauce and cleaned out the pot and boiled water for the noodles.


When they noodles are cooked - drain them - add them back to the pan with the sauce. Let it heat through.




I added some scallions on top. I would have preferred cilantro but, alas, I was out of that luscious green herb.




This is a rich dish so I only had a small portion. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment