Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Protein, it's what's for dinner

Going along with my 'listen to my stomach' plan - protein is what I wanted for dinner.


Pan seared salmon over carrots.

I marinated the salmon in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, garlic, sesame oil and honey.

I let it sit in the marinade in the fridge for four hours.

 
Make sure to brush off the bits of garlic before putting the fillet in the pan - otherwise they will burn - burnt garlic is BAD!

I put 1 Tbsp. of oil into a fry pan on high heat. Use any oil with a high smoke point. I put in the fillet meat side down and let it cook for three minutes. 

Then, after checking that the meat side had browned up nicely, I flipped it skin side down, turned down the heat to medium, covered the pan and let it cook another four minutes.

I steamed the carrots earlier and had them set aside on a plate.


The salmon turned out beautifully and I think the balsamic marinade gave it a nice dark look.



I always want sauce, so I added some balsamic vinegar and honey into the fry pan and let it simmer on low heat till it became a wonderful black syrup.




I loved how the sauce made this black, inky pool on the plate.




I have a bad habit of over cooking fish. But I think I might have left this in the pan a bit longer.




How does everyone else like their salmon cooked? 





 

1 comment:

  1. it's bizarre how salmon is suppose to be somewhat rare in the middle but i need salmon all the way cooked!

    ReplyDelete