Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A change of plans

I was planning on making something completely different tonight (that would have included the cucumbers) but when I discovered I was missing a key ingredient, I had to make a change of plans.

But sometimes when you are forced to adapt you end up with something that is so much better than your original plan.

Pan roasted lamb loin chop.             



I cooked all four of the lamb loin chops at once. I will use the three I have left over in another recipe. 

I seasoned each loin with salt and pepper and then they went into a medium hot pan with a little olive oil and seared on each side for 4 -6 minutes. Then the whole pan went under the broiler for 5 minutes. Then I pulled them out and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes.

I steamed a medium size potato and mashed it with some yogurt, Parmesan, salt and pepper.

The carrots are left over from the sushi lunch. They really are a vivid shade of orange!

I made a pan sauce from the meat drippings, 1/4 cup of white wine - let it reduce and then add in a small pat of butter to add richness. When the sauce became smooth and shiny, I pulled it off the heat and added in 2 tsp. of greek yogurt.

I do have to say that mashed potatoes and gravy are one of my favorite things on the planet.

The dogs enjoyed the left over bits of meat I didn't finish.

I had to eat early because the movie got pushed to the 5pm showing. 

Black Swan here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment