Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Smoked salmon salad

The dogs were not happy about going for their walk today.

This is Abby trying to walk with her eyes closed. She HATES rain((
 I continued my colorful theme of the day with my lunch.


I gathered a bunch of unlikely ingredients:

Smoked salmon, carrot, red pepper, Miso Mayo, nutritional yeast and some baby greens.

Miso Mayo is one of my indulgences. I love the salty miso taste combined with its rich texture. But be warned: It can be addicting. I have been known to spread it on crackers and just much away.

For the dressing I tried this combination:

1 1/2 Tbsp. of Miso Mayo, the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a mandarin orange whisked together with about 2 Tbsp. of the nutritional yeast.
I added nutritional yeast until it was the consistency of a slightly runny mustard.

The dressing was good but it was borderline too tart. Next time I think I would leave out the lemon and just use the juice of a whole orange.



Curls of smoked salmon on top.


As I was preparing the salad - I realized my knives are getting dull. Does anyone have a knife sharpener that they love and could recommend?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment