Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

When life gives you a stomach ache - make miso soup

The asparagus was a little too hard on my tender tummy.

For dinner I opted for liquid sustenance. 



First I made dashi. 3 cups of water into a soup pot. Add in one piece of kombu (about the size of a deck of cards) and let the pot come up to a boil. When the water begins to boil - pull out the kombu and throw in a handful of bonito flakes. Let it come back up to a boil and then pull it off the heat. 

I let it steep for 20 minutes and then strained out the bonito flakes. I put the strained broth back on the burner on low heat and stirred in 3 Tbsp. of miso. Be careful to whisk/stir it in well or you will end up with a sludge of miso on the bottom of the pan.





I will admit that although I added some chopped scallions for the photograph - I fished them out before I drank the soup - I didn't want to risk eating the onions with the delicate state of my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Eventually, after investing many hours on the internet
    at past We’ve found anyone that definitely does know very well what they are discussing
    thank you very much wonderful article.

    Also visit my webpage; scar removal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ҭhis іs my first tike pay ɑ visit at here and і аm genuinely pleassant how to get more followers on instagram redad everthing ɑt alone plɑcе.

    ReplyDelete