Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I have a dream and a french pastry

I have a dream of having a pristine kitchen. 

I wish I was one of those types of cooks that cleans as I go and at the end of the day everything is put away and the counter tops are sparkling.

Alas, I am not one of those people.

Oh, yeah, and I have a french pastry.

A morning croissant.
I let it cook a little longer than I normally would because I had a special purpose in mind for this flaky gem.

Fluffy scrambled eggs with a dusting of parsley.
I whisked 1 egg with 1 Tbsp. of milk for about 1 minute.

Then into a fry pan on low and stir until they are  still moist but cooked through.

Cut a pocket into the croissant and spoon in the scrambled eggs. 

Someone was very interested in this morning's breakfast.



Mmm, the smell of croissant in the morning!


Can you spot Connor lurking in the upper left of the photo? 

This is why I don't have a shot with the croissant and coffee together. That boy was ready to pounce.



Coffee always tastes better in this cup.



My plans for today? Put on rubber gloves and tackle my kitchen. Will you see photos of sparkling counter tops later today?

Who knows...

1 comment:

  1. ooo i love croissants!

    connor is exactly like my dogs begging for food! lol

    ReplyDelete