Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Requests and the green one

Well, it was coming up on a week for the farm stand eggs. I knew that I needed to use them up. 

I really was dragging my feet about using the green egg. I kept looking at it in the fridge and cooing over its cuteness.

But it was time.

Say goodbye!

See the extra deep orange color of the yolk at the top of the picture? That is the green egg's yolk - I knew that little guy was special :-)

Add 1tsp. of milk and a dash of salt and pepper.





All whisked together.

And here is where I feel pride over my ugly fry pan. I just put a tiny drop of oil in the pan and this came out. 




 And contrary to my love of runny poached or soft boiled eggs - I like my omelets slight over cooked. Inside this gorgeous example of egglisciousness I added some avocado and salsa. With the addition of another drizzle of salsa on top? Delicious!







I have been getting requests for full meals/recipes for the dogs rather than just snacks.

I do have a huge compilation of recipes for dog meals from the time when I fed the dogs an all raw diet or a cooked homemade diet. What follows is not one of those recipes - it is just a way to use up the eggs and leftovers in a way the dogs would enjoy.

And please note that when the dogs get full meals such as the one listed below - they don't get any kibble for that meal.


So here is what I did this morning - 


 Ingredients:

1 egg
1 1/2 cup of leftover Shepherd's Pie
1 tsp. of water
1/2 a strip of nori for garnish
1/2 tsp. of coconut oil


Whisk together the egg and water. Warm up the leftover Shepherd's Pie in the microwave for about 30 seconds or just till warm. If the leftovers seem a bit dry - mix in a little water so that it is moist. 


Put a fry pan on medium low heat and add the 1/2 tsp. of oil to the pan. Add in the leftover Shepherd's pie - break it up into small pieces with a spatula. Then add in the beaten egg. Cook for about 5 minutes - just until the whites turn opaque but the eggs are still runny. 


Divide the cooked egg mixture in half and serve up to the beasties. 


Serves 2 40lb. dogs

Garnish with a sprinkle of nori.

Keep in mind - if your dog is only used to eating kibble - introduce other foods very slowly (or start with the small snacks listed in previous posts) so that your pup can build up stomach tolerance. 

I am off to have lunch with a friend.

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment