Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Savory oatmeal and running step two

I think I need to get a new pair of running shoes.

The heels on both shoes are worn almost all the way down on one side.


The treads are worm completely off the heels.


So, even though I am still at the walk/shuffle stage - I am going to invest in a new pair of running shoes.

To fuel my second step into my 'getting back to running' program I made some savory oatmeal.



Oatmeal topped with pureed sweet potatoes with a dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of slivered almonds.





This combination turned out great. I mixed it all together and finished the whole bowl!


I also had a 1/2 a banana:



I also broke out a gift my sister brought back for me after her trip to Japan.

A ceramic lemon juicer.


I know it is meant for lemons - but it worked pretty well for making fresh squeezed orange juice for one.



An espresso cup size of orange juice and a cappuccino cup size of coffee.
What I am really liking about the 100% Kona coffee? I can make it really strong and it never gets bitter. Definitely my kind of coffee!

Time to go walk/shuffle...

0 comments:

Post a Comment