Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sauteed fresh Yuba

My sister brought me this from the tofu factory:





It sounds really healthy - but I was a bit intimidated to cook with it.

I decided a pan saute would work best.


I cut the Yuba into strips and then into chunks:




Then they went into a saute pan over medium heat with just a tiny bit of peanut oil.

I browned them on all sides:




Then I put a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, ginger and black pepper into a pan on low heat and put the browned pieces of Yuba back in.

After only about 5 minutes they had soaked up almost all of the sauce.

 


How did they taste? The texture is interesting - the outside was crispy but the inside was chewy and tasted faintly sweet and nutty.

I think I could definitely get into these. I will be on the hunt for another recipe for them since I need to use up the rest within the next two days.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment