Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bruschetta and basil pesto



The morning was fairly productive.

The noise has started up again. The stomping - the screeching as they drag copper pipes across the roof. 

I know the workers are not having fun doing this work. I know they want to get the work done as fast as possible as much as I want them to.

But it is incredibly grating and irritating. And no matter how loud I turn up the T.V. the dogs are disturbed.

In an effort to keep them distracted I made a lunch that incorporated bread - one of their favorite ingredients.

I picked up some gorgeous yellow tomatoes and mini - plum tomatoes at the corner market.



I sauteed slices of bread in olive oil. Then, since there were out of fresh basil at the market, I made do with basil pesto.



I blanched the tomatoes in boiling water, dunked them in cold water and peeled off the skins.

1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic and 2 tsp. of olive oil were mixed into the chopped, blanched tomatoes and then spread on top of the pesto.








The dogs enjoyed a snack of mini-plum tomatoes stuffed with basil pesto.




And, yes, the dogs did get the bits of bread that just wouldn't do :-)





0 comments:

Post a Comment