Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One of those mornings

This is the horror film I will be watching to console myself after my bad morning:





Do you ever have one of those mornings where no matter how much you planned ahead - had everything laid out the night before - you end up horribly late?

That was my morning this morning. The reasons for me being late were many and varied - Most of them fall under the TL;DR category.

But I can tell you that one reason included a dog jumping out of the bed of a truck on a busy street - and traffic coming to a halt while the dog was chased down and safely returned to his owner (who I am happy to report thought better about putting his dog - untethered - in the back of his truck and let the dog into the cab of the truck).

I was so late that my sister and brother had to leave without me in order to make the appointment they had for a factory tour :-(( 

I am happy they will make the tour - but I am sorry I missed it.

And to put the topper on it - When I got home - I found out that the workmen had decided to take out the tree that was right outside my bedroom window (Gee, thanks for the notice) and came home to Abby vibrating like this:


Yeah, I was not happy. She is not wildly happy about the noise if I am home but she is OK. 

And let's face it, if someone was running around outside your bedroom window with a chainsaw and you didn't know why? Yes, that would make you nervous too!!

So, as you can tell by now, no pictures of food because I haven't eaten anything today (so far) but I will give you a look at something I am working on and will make an appearance later in the week.


My mother grew up in New England during the Depression and she would talk about memories she had of her mother soaking the salt cod.

I figured it would be fun to give this a try. I haven't decided on a recipe yet - but as you can see from the intructions - I have a day or two to figure it out.



The lunch post will be coming soon. It is a dish I haven't had in a long time - I am looking forward to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment