Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Enchirittos

I was planning on making chicken enchiladas tonight but, unfortunately, I forgot to pull the chicken out the the freezer this morning to defrost.

So, I had to make do with what I had on hand.

Green onion, baked beans, cheese, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce.

I spooned some of the enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of a pan.


Then I mixed together the chopped green onion, the shredded cheese and the rinsed beans.

I smeared some of the enchilada sauce on top of a corn tortilla and then spooned some of the bean mixture on top.



Then I rolled it up and put it seam side down in the pan.


I continued the process until the pan was filled.

A little bit of cheese, green onion and some more enchilada sauce on top.


They went into a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.

They came out of the oven with the cheese nicely melted.




I added a dollop of sour cream on top.



Even though it wasn't the dinner I had planned, it turned out great!

And since they were a cross between enchiladas and a burrito I called them enchirittos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment