Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Early summer

Can you believe it is over 80 degrees and sunny here today?

It feels like summer has arrived in March. Very Odd.


I went with something light for lunch:

Quinoa with zucchini and carrot over a bed of lettuce and cabbage.
I started with the veggies:

Carrot and zucchini chopped small.

I put 1/4 cup on quinoa in a pot with 1 cup of chicken broth - I added in more liquid than was needed to cook the quinoa since I would be cooking the veggies at the same time.

When the quinoa started to simmer, I added in the chopped veggies.

I turned the heat to low and covered the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes.

Chopped lettuce and cabbage went into the bowl as a bed for the quinoa.

I also had some of the crispy cod left over so that went on top of the quinoa.


Quinoa with vegetables over a bed of chopped cabbage with crispy cod and drizzled with blue cheese dressing.


A garnish of cherry tomatoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment