Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pretty pizzas



This evening I was inspired by Jenna's post at Eat, Live, Run.

She posted a great recipe for pizza dough and now that I have yeast in the house, I wanted to give it a try.

In my usual fashion, I did my best to follow the recipe, but unfortunately, I ran out of flour. I had to make do with what I had on hand, so I used matzo meal to fill in.

Those nubby bits on the dough? That is the matzo meal.

Even with my creative addition - the dough was wonderful. Elastic and soft with a great yeasty smell.

I cut the dough in half and stuck one in the freezer.

The other half I used to make 2 personal size pizzas.

Tomato sauce, mozzarella, yellow tomato and olives.


Pesto with mozzarella and Parmesan.
The difference in pizza when the dough tastes great? Stunning.



Yum!

1 comment: