Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Roasted vegetable salad

I did not have any luck finding Zoust today. The search will continue tomorrow.

Lunch was a roasted vegetable salad.



I started by chopping up sweet potatoes, a yukon gold potato, shallots, garlic cloves, green onions and eggplant.

I tossed them in a mixture of soy sauce, olive oil and pepper.




I put them on a sheet tray and they went into a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

They came out wonderfully browned and caramelized. I put them on a bed of butter lettuce with a drizzle of hoisin sauce. 



This was a very yummy combination. The only thing that didn't turn out well was the eggplant. I ended up picking them out of the salad.

It is still a challenge for me to add in protein at every meal.

I tend to lean toward vegetarian fare. 

The dogs will be getting one of their favorite treats for dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment