Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dumpling soup

It is a rainy day here.


Which stinks because the dogs refuse to go on a walk. But on the other hand the roofers have stopped working so it is very quiet.

Not eating breakfast meant that I was hungry 3 hours after I ate brunch. 

I decided to put together a quick soup.


Chicken broth, frozen dumplings, spinach and canned peas.


I also added in some frozen corn. Everything went into a pot to simmer for about 20 minutes.





The dumplings held up really well in the soup. I thought they were going to fall apart as the soup simmered - but take a look they look gorgeous.

I did have an unfortunate accident with my coffee this morning.

I walked by the bed to grab my book and at that exact moment Connor decided to jump onto the bed and bumped my arm.

I now have a soaked comforter and a really ugly stain I am trying to get out of the mattress, sigh :-(

Yup, I will be trudging back and forth the the laundry room in the rain today...

1 comment:

  1. oh sorry about your comforter and mattress! i wish i had tips for you but im really messy =/

    dumpling soup looks really good! I love dumplings especially in soup!

    ReplyDelete