Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Egg drop soup with turkey and corn

Egg drop soup with turkey and corn.


But before I enjoyed the soup I did have a small snack halfway through the afternoon.

Enter the juicer:



I gathered up a mix of veggies and fruit.

Celery, pears, apples and parsley.

The juice turned out slightly bitter - but in a good way.


While I was working around the house I decided to get a head start on dinner.

I filled a sauce pan with 3 quarts of water and added in this:

Carrots, a shallot, bay leaves, garlic and celery.

I let the pot simmer for over an hour until the liquid was reduced by half.

Then I pulled out the vegetables (I removed the bay leaves) and used my immersion blender to puree them.

The puree went back into the pot along with two handfuls of frozen corn, 1/2 a tsp. of black pepper and some turkey meat.

Then I whisked one egg white and slowly drizzled it into the simmering soup.

Egg drop soup with turkey and corn.

At this point you should add salt to taste.

The soup turned out great! I liked the chewiness of the corn and the pureed vegetables made the soup nice and thick without having to add cornstarch.



Now I am off to relax :-) Night, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. My grandma used to make egg drop soup all the time! Looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. o i love egg drop soup!! delish!!!

    ReplyDelete