Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Turkey scramble with pan seared gnocchi

In my never ending quest to use up food before it spoils, I had several things I needed to use this morning.

Spinach, the last little bit of the ground turkey, the cherry tomatoes and the gnocchi.

Last night I chopped up some spinach, cherry tomatoes and one clove of garlic.



A morning meal where I don't have to do any chopping? A very good thing.

I used one whole egg and one egg white and mixed it with the spinach, tomatoes, garlic and browned turkey.

Turkey scramble.

 
I boiled a few of the gnocchi in salted water and pulled them off to drain as soon as they floated to the top of the water.

I put a pan on medium heat and put in a few drops of olive oil and a 1/2 pat of butter.

The gnocchi went into the pan and I flipped them frequently until they were nicely browned. I also added in a pinch of powdered sage.

They turned out very pretty:


They ended up crunchy on the outside and nice and tender on the inside. And the sage added a really great flavor. 



I am really glad to have found another way (other than boiled gnocchi with sauce) to enjoy gnocchi. 


I only ended up eating about half of the turkey scramble. I did eat all of the gnocchi :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment