Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potstickers

Me and the dogs are feeling better after having spent some time away from the noise.

I almost forgot that I needed to stay at home to wait for a FedEx delivery so after we left - we just ended up walking up and down the length of the complex so I could keep an eye out for the delivery man.

Since I was stuck staying home - I decided to make these for lunch:

Potstickers!
 I chopped up half a carrot, half a celery stalk and one green onion.




I added in one of the sweet Italian turkey sausages that I had left over from the insane meat shopping trip a while back.



One turkey sausage mixed with one egg yolk, a dash of soy sauce and the veggies.

And now for the tough part - making the potstickers:

A small bowl of water, potsticker wrappers (covered with a damp towel) and the filling.
I found a great tutorial for folding and cooking the potstickers here.







As you can see, I did an OK job - not a great one - But, all in all, not bad for a first try methinks.

I put half of the potstickers into a plastic bag and they went into the freezer for another meal.

Next, I heated up a saute pan over medium heat. I added in 1 Tbsp. of oil (I used grape seed oil). When the oil is hot, place the potstickers in the pan and saute until the bottoms turn golden brown.

Then I added in 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water into the pan (be careful of the steam), cover immediately and wait.

I usually turn down the heat a bit at this point.

When most of the water has evaporated and the potstickers have steamed - pull them out of the pan and arrange on a plate.





I think a nice golden brown crust really makes the potsticker.




I mixed 1/8th of a cup of Ponzu sauce with 1/8th of a cup of soy sauce for a dipping sauce.





I did set aside some sausage meat so I could make the dogs a snack:



A very cute, teeny tiny turkey sausage ball nestled on of a bed tobiko - all on top of a sweet and crunchy slice of apple.






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment