Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fruit soup

The workers told me yesterday they will be cutting down the tree in my patio.


I love this tree. It is one of the reasons I rented this apartment. But, apparently, there is a new policy in the complex that forbids trees in the patios. Sigh.

I am hoping that the tree guys:

1. Are unable to work in the torrential down pours that are happening today.

2. Are too busy chopping down everyone else's trees and don't get to mine so that I get to enjoy my tree for another weekend.


The next item up on the soy front? Soft tofu.




I combined a good size chunk of the tofu with an apple, an orange, some blueberries, Kyo-Green and some Udo's oil








It turned out to have the consistency of a thick, fruit soup.


Topped with almond slivers.


The combination of fruit was spot-on and the tofu added a nice creaminess to the smoothie without interferring with the taste of the fruit.

And coffee.



A healthy serving of protein plus tons of fruit? I think I will be making more of these!


The dogs enjoyed this:


Apple slices with a large dollop of peanut butter.


A good start to the day for all of us :-)

1 comment:

  1. you missed your calling girl...you should be a chef...heather

    ReplyDelete