Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bad decisions

It is 2am here and I am not having a good night.

The Benedryl did help with the allergies but it did make me dopey and did lead to bad food decisions.

Enter the bad decision:


Yup, I picked up frozen peperoni pizza from the convenience store around the corner.


And, don't get me wrong, I am not saying pizza is a bad food. I love the pizzas I make myself.


Homemade tomato and olive pizza.

But for some reason that peperoni pizza pictured above (and I only ate 1/3 of the pizza) resulted in me falling asleep on the couch (a full stomach + Benedryl = immediate food coma) and waking up with heartburn so bad it feels like molten lava in my stomach.


Yeah, not a good feeling :-((


One of the only things that tends to ease my heartburn when it is this bad is watered down apple juice (why? I have no idea) but it is too late to run to the store. 

I am contemplating pulling out the juicer and making some kind of apple/celery/ginger juice to see if that helps.


Here is hoping that everyone else is fast asleep with happy tummies...




0 comments:

Post a Comment