Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baked potato Shepherd's Pie

Since it is St. Paddy's Day - I knew I was going to have potatoes in one form or another.

Baked potato Shepherd's Pie.


I don't have any meat in the house but I did have these ingredients:

Potato, frozen corn and Gardein beefless tips.



The potato went into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. (make sure to prick the potato with a fork to let the steam escape)


Crispy and hot out of the oven.


 I cut the potato in half and scooped out the insides.




 I mashed the potato with a pinch of salt and pepper and a splash of whole milk.

The mashed potatoes go back into the shells.
 For the corn, I put the frozen kernels into a skillet on low heat and added in a pat of butter. Then I added in 2 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast with a splash of milk because it is just not Shepherd's Pie without a cheesy flavor.

The cheesy, creamy corn goes on top.
 I put the Gardein beefliss tips into a hot skillet and browned them all all sides. Then I took the pan off the heat and added in a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and a dollop of ketchup.







The beefless tips went on top.

An incredibly tasty and creamy version of Shepherd's Pie. This recipe will definitely go into the regular recipe rotation!

 

1 comment: