Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Salmon and sweet potato fun

I had a great time making the treats for the dogs.

But it all started with my dinner:

Pan seared salmon over a bed of spinach.

I marinated the salmon fillet in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic.


Then the salmon went into a pan on medium heat - meat side down.

Six minutes later I slid the pan under the broiler (set on low). Another four minutes and the fish was done.



Then the I started on the dog's treat.

Sweet potatoes.
 They went into a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes.

Then I added 2 Tbsp. of greek yogurt and a tiny bit of water and pureed them smooth. 



Then came the fun part.

A dollop of pureed sweet potatoes with a topping of salmon on a small square of nori.


I wet the edges with some water and pressed them together like I would a potsticker. You might need to keep the seals pinched until it dries just a bit and hold well.



First wet one side and pinch the middle section to form a roll.


Then bring in one of the ends and fold it till it sticks together. Do the same with the remaining end.




The dogs loved, loved, LOVED these! 

I think it was a perfect combination of fish (for Abby) and a little bit of sweet (for Connor) so that it was a huge hit for both of them :-)

Yes, I did sacrifice a bit of my salmon fillet for the dog's treats but I think it was well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. i might have to cook this one for myself...lol
    Heather

    ReplyDelete