Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

A wonderful morning

It has been a wonderful morning. Very first thing, I took the dogs on a long walk. It has been in the '90s here lately and it is cooler today so a breezy morning walk was very welcome.

Then I came home and made this:

Smoked salmon omelet.
I don't know about you but if I open a package of smoked salmon I need to use it up within 2 - 3 days or the fish starts to be slimy and I just can't eat it then.

So, I whisked 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites together with a dash of salt, some cracked black pepper, dried basil and fresh chopped parsley.

It went into a saute pan on low with a little olive oil.

When the egg is almost set - add it pieces of smoked salmon. Carefully fold over the omelet and let cook a few seconds more and then plate.




I sprinkled some fresh chopped parsley on top and added a spoonful of Tofutti sour cream.




I also had a pear and a mug of coffee. I will need the caffeine boost when I am at the gym!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment