Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sweet potato Colcannon

Some days go right and some days go wrong.

I am not saying this day went wrong but it sure didn't go right. You know what I mean.

And so enters Colcannon:


Colcannon with turkey.
Oh, yeah, and I made it with Japanese sweet potato instead of regular potatoes because that is what I had on hand.

I steamed the sweet potatoes - set them aside - and steamed the green cabbage.

I pureed the sweet potatoes with yogurt and butter and then added a pinch of salt and pepper. 

Colcannon is usually made with bacon but I only had turkey in the fridge so it had to fit the bill. 



And I know that the combination of cabbage and potatoes may not be everyone else's comfort food but it sure is mine.

I am going to settle in with a very gory horror movie and relax for the rest of tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment