Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Miso soup with soba

The haven't shut off the power yet (and the guys told me they would give me a heads up before they do) so I have time to get in my lunch post.

I know it is a bit rude to eat while these poor guys are working 3 feet away - but I missed breakfast and I was STARVING.

They shut off the water because instead of replacing the faucets as the management informed me - They are actually redoing all of the pipes in the apartment.

So I had to make lunch without the use of running water.


Miso soup with soba noodles and chicken.

I had the last little bit of the miso soup left, so I threw that into a small sauce pan along with some soba noodles. I let the soup simmer until the noodles were tender (about 7 minutes).

Then I remembered I had this little bit of the stuffed chicken divan left.


I chopped up the chicken and tossed it into the pot.

Ten minutes later I was enjoying a nice steaming bowl by my keyboard.



It was an odd combination but it was quick and filled my empty tummy.


I am typing this while 15 guys are soldering copper pipes, installing a new front door, installing a new bedroom window and a new patio door. 

The workmen just broke for lunch. I had been feeling like a big doofus for hanging out in the apartment while they worked but since they left my front door wide open (no handle or lock on it yet so there is no way for it to stay closed) - I feel pretty smart about hanging around.
  
I am going to go enjoy slurping my noodles in the blissful (if temporary) quiet.

4 comments:

  1. We always take advantage of running water. I remember them having to shut off my water for a few days while they fixed some pipes outside my house and it was pretty bad. I'd still find myself reaching for the sink and pulling the handle, getting disappointed everytime. Hope it's fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love miso soup! Yours looks especially good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary @ Bites and Bliss

    The water is back on and they finished up most of the work. They will be in tomorrow to do some finish work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @WillJogForFood

    Thanks! My planned meals never look as good as the ones that are put together on the spur of the moment. Go figure :-)

    ReplyDelete