Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Open spaces and chicken divan soup

I am almost done with the patio. It is taking me a while because I had a bunch of boxes in the storage closet and I am going through those.

For breakfast I made a tofu scramble.


It didn't turn out very pretty but it was delicious.

And it was simple and fast. I chopped up some tofu and drizzled it with soy sauce and a little mirin.

Then I chopped up some broccoli and cabbage (not a morning combo I would recommend if you are going to be sitting in meetings all day - if you know what I mean...).

I stir fried the broccoli and cabbage on high heat for a few minutes - In went the tofu and two minutes later I had a healthy and tasty breakfast.


But the real star of the show was my lunch. I pulled out the extra chicken I had from making stuffed chicken divan.




I put 3 cups of chicken broth on the stove to simmer. Since the chicken was stuffed with broccoli I only needed to add in some chopped celery and carrots.

The pot was seasoned with a dash of onion powder and some black pepper.

I put in 1/8 of a cup of rice. I let it simmer until the rice and vegetables were cooked and then I enjoyed this:

Chicken divan soup topped with pea shoots.





Nice big chunks of chicken.
It will be a big relief to get storage closet emptied. I should have gotten rid of the stuff years ago.
 

2 comments: