Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Success!

I made it to the Y and completed my workout - First day of new routine? Done and done.

While I was at the Y I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then I hit the weights -


Biceps/Triceps

Skull crushers - superset with - bench dips

Rope pull downs

Dumbbell kickbacks

Straight bar curls

Concentration curls


I can already feel it in my arms - I will definitely be sore tomorrow. 

Since I am using the gym trips as a way of breaking up my day I have decided on a 5 day split for the weights with the 6th a cardio only day and the 7th being a rest day.

A split weight workout (if you are wondering) is just a way of working only 1-2 muscles groups a day and only working out each muscle group once a week. 


I find that schedule the easiest to follow when starting back into weights.


And then I treated myself to a no-cook lunch:




 I just emptied the bag into a bowl and popped it into the microwave.

I had a side of sliced beets (straight out of the can) and an apple.



I was wondering how everyone else handles their diet if they are trying to gain muscle.

Is it really necessary to do all that 6 meals a day and buckets of protein approach? 

What do you eat when you are trying to gain muscle (or just including weight lifting into your exercise routine?)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment