Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Turkey and bean taco salad

It is a beautiful day here and after lunch I think I will spend the rest of the day outside. 

For lunch I pulled a portion of frozen turkey and frozen kidney beans out of the freezer and tossed them into a skillet along with some taco seasoning blend.

While they cooked I shredded a carrot and chopped up 2 celery stalks and some fresh parsley.




Then I made a dressing of lemon juice, mirin, oregano, garlic powder, olive oil and cracked black pepper.


A few handfuls of baby greens went into the salad bowl and I tossed everything with the dressing. Then I sprinkled on about 1 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast.

 
By this time, the turkey and beans were done.

They went into the bowl along with dollops of Tofutti sour cream.


Along with a pear and some sparkling water - this was a great lunch!


I have been spending too much time typing lately. The top of my left shoulder blade is really sore - it is a spot that always starts to ache when I have spent too much time at the keyboard. For some reason I tend to hunch my left shoulder when I am typing.

It is time to start doing sun salutations in the morning so I can stretch out that muscle.

Time to head out for the rest of my day.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment