Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peanut glazed sweet potatoes and tofu

I had planned on making peanut and banana tofu with sweet potatoes but my bananas were beyond over ripe so that idea went out the window.

Instead I went with a gold nugget mandarin orange and a japanese sweet potato.




The Japanese sweet potato is definitely NOT orange inside:


I chopped up 1/2 the sweet potato and put it into the steamer until it was mostly cooked. Then it went into a skillet with a tiny bit of coconut oil until they were nice and crispy:


Then I assembled the ingredients for the sauce.

Soy sauce, honey, peanut butter, vinegar and hot chili sauce.  

 I mixed together:

2 Tbsp. of peanut butter

2 Tbsp. of hot water
2 tsp. of vinegar
2 tsp. of soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. of honey
1/8 tsp. of chili sauce


I cubed up a portion of my locally made tofu.


The tofu went into the skillet and sauteed until just crispy. At this point I tossed the sweet potatoes back in and then I drizzled the peanut sauce on top. I stirred gently until everything was well coated in the sauce.

 

 If you like a sweeter sauce, I would definitely add more honey because this one turned out barely sweet at all.


And the golden nugget mandarin oranges were interesting. I expected them to be really sweet but they weren't. They were just very low in acidity without being sweeter. Nice.





Imagine a picture of a cup of coffee (which I forgot to snap a picture of).



I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment