Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Protein oatcakes

Since I am getting back into the gym habit, I thought I would experiment with the standard oatmeal and egg whites breakfast.

Enter these:

Protein oatcakes.
You can make them sweet by adding in things like apples or banana but of course I chose the savory route.

I combined 1 cup of cooked oatmeal with 1 1/2 Tbsp. of egg whites, a pinch of sage, a pinch of salt and lots of cracked black pepper.


They went into a saute pan with a little coconut oil. Next time I think I will cook them in the oven.

I topped them with some Tofutti cream cheese.

Protein cakes with chopped apple.

 This morning was definitely a coffee morning.


And I am definitely sore after my workout yesterday. But I will be heading back to the gym today - gotta keep the momentum going.

And I will have a protein oatcake recipe in the future - I just need to figure out the cooking temp and time for cooking them in the oven.

Oh, and I bought new running shoes which I desperately needed.

Check out the difference in the soles - 



I had worn down one side of the heel almost to the white part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment