Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A pea-full morning

My pea shoots were starting to wilt in the fridge so I broke them out for my breakfast.

I was thinking, as I was doing my usual blog check this morning (my version of the morning paper:-), that my blog must be a sad (or shocking) disappointment if anyone is hoping to see things like cereal or oatmeal on a regular basis.

This is what I had for breakfast this morning:

Sauteed pea shoots with a soft boiled egg.

The pea shoots took less than 2 minutes to cook. I put in a small amount of coconut oil in a pan on high heat - tossed them till they wilted and plated them.



Many of the recipes for pea shoots recommend trimming off some of the stalk but I like the bit of extra tangy bitterness it adds so I kept them whole.


While I was stir frying the pea shoots, I put one egg in a pan of cold water and set the burner to medium high. When the water started to simmer, I turned down the heat and set the timer for 4 minutes.

I decided that the dish needed a little sauce so I added some of my homemade dressing.



I loved this dish! The pea shoots had a wonderful crunch and mixed with the creaminess of the soft boiled egg? MMMMM!

And it looked so pretty.







OK, enough of my love of egg yolks:-)

And one mug of strong coffee.


I really need to start adding more fruit into my diet...

2 comments:

  1. I think the same! Likin' your blog even more as I read through it. I NEVER eat oatmeal or cereal, I'm all about the eggs. I think they're better for you anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dani

    Pheww! there is at least one other person in the world that is not on the cereal bandwagon, yay!!

    ReplyDelete