Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 layer morning.

After lunch yesterday, my sister and I went for a leisurely shopping trip to Whole Foods. 

As per usual I ended up bringing home way too much stuff.


For breakfast this morning I layered together several of the items I picked up at WF's.

5 layer breakfast bowl.
 First, I lined a bowl with seasoned rice.



Then a generous layer of vegan espresso black bean chili. I need to pause a moment on this chili. It was sublime. I had a hard time believing it was vegan. It was dark and rich and while you couldn't quite taste the coffee - it did add a depth of flavor that was very impressive.

On a breakfast note - although the taste of the coffee was very subtle - the aroma of coffee was pronounced - making it perfect breakfast food IMO.

Then a layer of guacamole, a layer of salsa, a dollop of Tofutti sour cream and a sprinkle of scallions (I didn't count the scallions as a layer since they are a garnish).

Heaven in a bowl.


And I had a mug of strong tea and an apple.




I do love the Honeycrisp apples.





Oh, and I did pick up my liquid version of crack:



This is not my favorite brand of tea but it does run a close second. It does brew a lovely, super strong mug of tea.

And one of the interesting things I picked up at the store which I will have to figure out a use for:




I love finding locally made products.


Happy Tuesday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment