Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

How to be productive while not focusing

I was reading an article this morning about how to accomplish anything. Most of the article discussed the importance of focus and how that was the key to success.

I disagree. I have been very productive lately and it is due to the fact that I haven't been spending a lot of time thinking about what I needed to do.

But before I say more about that - here is my breakfast:





Spinach and turkey scramble with 1/2 an English muffin.


The English muffin looked lonely without any jam:

 
So, I dug this out of the fridge - 

Raspberry and rhubarb jam.
 If you like rhubarb pie you will love this one.





Tea and an orange rounded out the meal.

So, back to my topic of the day. I suppose being focused works for some people but for me it would send me into a hyper aware feedback loop. That cycle ends with me getting nothing done because I thought about it too much and end up paralyzed by too much information.

At the moment I am approaching work by seeing it as just something I get done each day - like brushing my teeth. 

This tact has resulted in lots of cooking, lots of writing and daily gym visits. A rousing success in my opinion. 


So if you are anything like me - you should give it a shot. 


Being productive while not focusing - I think it is a good thing.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment