Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Cheesy scrambled eggs



I was very proud of my eggs this morning. They came out fluffy and flavorful.

Today I added 1/2 teaspoon of Bulgarian yogurt with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites, a pinch of salt, 1 Tbsp. of nutritional yeast and cracked black pepper.

The Bulgarian yogurt added a hint of lemony tartness and with the cheesy nutritional yeast? It reminded me a bit of hollandaise sauce, MMMMM.

Eggs are topped with a pinch of paprika and some dried parsley. 


My coffee was bizarre this morning.



It turns out that adding almond milk to coffee is not such a great idea. 


It tasted OK - but I think I will stick with soy milk in the future. Sure, soy milk separates a bit too - but not this much.

I at my breakfast in stages today. Mostly because the eggs cooked much faster than the oatmeal and I wanted to eat them before they got cold and rubbery.

Breakfast course 2 - 

McCann's Irish oatmeal with 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter with a little drizzle of wild raspberry honey.
I cooked 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1 cup of water. This takes a while - about 30 minutes - until it is creamy and tender.

 Oh, and a pear.


I was re-reading the articles on nutrition and muscle building at Bodybuilding.com - they definitely seem to stress the 6 small meals a day for optimal muscle growth. 

What is your opinion about the frequency of meals and it's supposed effect on metabolism and muscle growth? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment