Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Turkey sloppy joe

I am definitely going to have to have a vegetarian dinner because I made this for lunch:

Turkey Sloppy Joe.
 This recipe started out as just a plain turkey burger.

I mixed together:

1 cup of ground turkey
1 egg white
onion powder
garlic powder
black pepper
dried sage

And then I realized I didn't have any bread crumbs or anything that would make a good substitute. Without breadcrumbs the mixture was too wet to form into a patty.


So, the turkey mixture went into a skillet to cook while I tried to figure out what to do with it.

Enter this guy:


2 Tbsp. of the Chili Sauce went into the skillet and a few sprinkles of Worcestershire sauce and Ta Da! Turkey Sloppy Joe.

I also had a simple side salad of spinach.



With a homemade salad dressing made of:

Udo's oil
Rice wine vinegar
Mirin
Nutritional yeast
black pepper


I love it when great ideas result from kitchen disasters.



This was messy and delicious!

I am off to do a yoga session at home - my sciatica is giving me trouble today and I really need to stretch out my hip.

Oh, and the bun was a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

 

1 comment:

  1. Another success! That sloppy joe looks really good! I need to pick up some nutritional yeast...I always forget to pick it up at whole foods.

    ReplyDelete