Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fueling up

I got back from a trip to the store to pick up a couple of items I needed for the 'fancy' meal I am making tonight.

And as usual I paused too long at the meat counter and ended up getting a steak in addition to the other items. It did make for a fast, protein packed lunch.

Steak and spinach salad.

I usually overcook steaks but I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to cook this one to a perfect rare/medium rare.


And I made a pan sauce with a little sherry and some non-fat evaporated milk.


The dogs enjoyed a few of the fatty/really rare pieces that I didn't want to eat. 

Now that I am fully fueled with a vitamin and protein rich lunch - it is time to get back to work!

2 comments:

  1. That steak looks perfectly cooked! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks fantastic, your picture is making me hungry and I just ate!! :)

    ReplyDelete