Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Breakfast fried rice

I was running a good streak with having kibble in the house.

And then I woke up this morning - open the food bin and there are only 3 lonely pieces of kibble. I shake the bin because maybe more kibble will magically appear????

No such luck. So, this morning the dogs and I had the same thing for breakfast. Breakfast fried rice.



The title of fried rice is not really accurate since there was no frying involved and I did not add in any green onions which are typically included in fried rice. (Remember onions are bad, bad things for dogs 'cause anemia is kind of a bad thing - or so I hear...)

I started with 1 cup of rice in two cups of water, one cup of frozen peas and several pieces of seasoned nori torn into small pieces in a sauce pan. I set everything to simmer away.

While the rice cooked I scrambled 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites and 1 Tbsp. of soy milk in a pan.



I had some defrosted pineapple so I gave that a rough chop.



I layered the pineapple in the bottom of the bowls.


After the rice finished cooking, I added in 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce and 1/2 Tbsp. of oyster sauce. Then I portioned out the rice mixture into the bowls.




The next layer was the scrambled eggs and I mixed everything together.




The sweet and saltiness of this dish was a great combination.


The dogs were great fans of this dish - they gobbled down everything including the pineapple.




I also had a cup of tea but per usual I forgot to take a picture of it - because some trends are too good to break :-)

Happy Friday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment