Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet breakfast tofu

Sweet breakfast tofu? It is best explained with a picture.

Tofu pan seared with butter and brown sugar.

This morning I woke up to find a very unusual circumstance, there was plenty of kibble and hardly anything in my fridge.

But I did have some strawberries and some tofu.

I don't mind eating tofu plain - but I knew I wasn't in the mood for a smoothie so out came the saute pan.

I seared the tofu in butter and sprinkled on some brown sugar at the end. It didn't quite reach a caramel stage but it did end up slightly syrupy.



The plain tofu on the plate was the dogs snack :-)


Strong coffee.
I did have a movie night planned for last night - but my friend was sick so it was postponed.

And I was left with what I had bought to bring to the shindig:






Baked sweet potato.
I had saved the braising liquid from the beef shank so I used that as the base of the soup.

I simmered the braising liquid and mashed the sweet potato and added it to the pan. I also added in a handful of frozen corn.

It didn't turn out very pretty - but it was delicious.


Sweet potato and corn soup.

I do have plans for today and they involve lots and lots of greens...

0 comments:

Post a Comment