Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mess 'o greens

I had one last item to use from my trip:


They simmered in my dutch oven for an hour. I added just enough water to cover them and kept adding more as it evaporated.

Then the greens went in.


I trimmed the tough stem and cut them into strips.



Everything simmered for another 2 hours.

Then I pulled out the ham hocks and cut up the meat.

Gorgeous, tender slow cooked meat.


A mess 'o greens.
To go with it - I simmered a 1/4 cup of orange lentils with onion, garlic, tumeric, cumin and 1 cup of water until tender.

I ladled some of the cooking liquid from the greens over the lentils.

Spiced lentils with 'pot likker'.
 I have been thinking today about how I want to go about losing some weight - more on that when I do my dinner post.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment