Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken cacciatore with eggplant

This is one dish my Mom used to make when I was a kid. I took some liberties and replaced the pasta with eggplant.

Chicken cacciatore with eggplant and green beans.

I started with this beauty:


Then I salted the eggplant slices and let them sit for 30 minutes in a colander in the sink.


After I rinsed the salt off the slices and patted them dry - they went onto a cookie sheet and got a brushed with olive oil.

They cooked under the broiler on Hi until they started to brown - then they got flipped.



Then I rinsed one Rocky's chicken breast.


I cut the chicken into large chunks and browned them in a saute pan.


Usually cacciatore contains tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. I decided to take a shortcut and used this:


I chopped up the eggplant into large chunks and it went into a pan with 1 cup of the pasta sauce (use enough to almost over the chicken). The chicken went into the pan and I cooked everything on medium until the chicken was cooked through.



I wanted some greens so I steamed a handful of green beans.


This was filling and comforting and I didn't miss the pasta a bit.

Night everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment