Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Mac & Cheese and why manicures make me cry

I love getting manicures.

I love the idea of perfect nails.


Does my love for either one of those things bring me joy? No. It only brings about an initial state of euphoria followed by tragic heartache and tears.

Which results in the need for comfort - cue the Mac & Cheese...




To fully understand my sorrow take a look at my nails during my euphoric stage:


Semi-pristine looking nails.
I was blissfully cooking away when I noticed this:

*gasp* Oh, the horror!!

The camera kept focusing on my middle finger - I suspect my camera has a hidden, cheeky sense of humor. 

And, no my hands usually don't look so crone-like - but they did after my desperate attempt to remove the yellow stains. Tumeric (or yellow mustard - I am not sure which) and manicures do not go together.


So now you know why I needed -




Why only two shots of the Mac&Cheese? Because it is really hard to photograph things when dogs are in your face.


Example 1:


Abby with schmutz on her muzzle.



Connor - who has added a nice tone of agita to his 'in your face' technique.
  
Oh, and before I type out the recipe - I bit the bullet and made an About page. Eeek! Check it out at the top of the page:-)




Mac & Cheese

Serves 1-3 depending on your need for comfort.

Ingredients:

2 cups of pasta (any kind) cooked al dente

2 pats of butter

1 tsp. of AP flour


1 cup of chicken broth


1/2 cup of milk


2 cups of nutritional yeast


1 pinch of tumeric


1/2 tsp. of yellow mustard


1 dash of powdered garlic


1 pinch of salt


cracked black pepper to taste

1/2 tsp. of lemon juice (fresh or bottled)


Directions:

Cook 1 cup of dry pasta in 1 quart of salted water until al dente, drain and set aside.

Put a saute pan on medium heat. Add the two pats of butter into the pan. When the butter is melted, add in the flour and stir for a few minutes.

Add in the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer (you may need to turn the heat down to low at this point) until the sauce is thick and bubbly. 

Pour the cooked pasta into the saute pan and mix well with the sauce. Pull the pan off the heat and let the pasta hang out with the sauce for a couple of minutes. 

Grab a plate and enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. oh no! i hope you were able to get the mustard/turmeric out of your nails!!

    ReplyDelete