Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

The game plan and herbed egg whites

I looked over the eating plan my sister's had tried.

The important highlights?


- lots of fruits and vegetables

- low fat (but not non-fat)



- small amounts of protein at almost every meal


- eating small portions 


- no dairy


So that will be my game plan for the moment. 


By the time dinner rolled around I was ready for some protein.


Herbed egg white sandwich.

I scrambled 3 egg whites with a pinch of dried basil and parsley.


An Orowheat Sandwich Thin went into the toaster.

I also had a bit of the coconut juice left so that was my drink with dinner.




And I had another bag of the Brainberries.




I am surprised by how much I like these blueberries. I have been avoiding blueberries at the local store because they have been too sour. But I was thrilled when these Brainberries turned out nice and sweet.





3 comments:

  1. oh wow, i'm intrigued by those brain berries. are they simply bagged fresh blueberries?? they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm still scared to try egg whites, haha. I just got into eating scrambled eggs after having egg phobia for a long time. I had a very bad experience with a hard boiled egg when I was a kid. But your egg whites look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mitzi - they are just bagged fresh blueberries - I usually avoid things that have lots of packaging but I had never seen them before so I decided to give them a try.

    @WillJogForFood - The only way I can stand to eat egg whites is to add tons of seasoning and let the egg sit in a pan on low heat and when it is still just a bit undercooked - I pull it off the heat and use chopsticks (or a fork) to scramble them - there is enough residual heat in the pan to finish the cooking.

    ReplyDelete