Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baked eggs in puff pastry

This is a great way to start the weekend. I highly recomend it.


Egg baked in puff pastry with tomatoes and cheddar cheese.

Yesterday I found frozen puff pastry squares at the local store. These are much easier to use (especially when cooking for one or two) than the larger sheets of puff pastry.

Breakfast started with these ingredients:

Cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese and fresh basil.


I used the pastry squares to make puff pastry cups to hold my baked eggs.

Cherry tomatoes (quartered) and a pinch of cheddar cheese.


Chopped fresh basil and parmesan.

Then I cracked an egg into each of the cups.

Yup, I broke the yolk on that one but it still turned out great.

They went into a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes (for slightly runny eggs).


Baked egg with basil and parmesan.

I topped each cup with a pinch of salt and pepper before it went into the oven.



This dish was fast and very showy - it would be perfect for a fancy brunch as you could easily cook 12 at a time.

I also had a Cara Cara orange.



Woot!! It is Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment