Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Into the lion's den

OK, I haven't left yet.

I got distracted with emails, a very long walk with the dogs and knocking out some pages.

As usual, I end up being productive in everything and anything BUT the job I had planned to tackle. Sigh.

Since it was already lunch time I decided to eat before heading out.


Veggie pocket with portabello mushrooms and pickled carrot.
I started with mixing chopped carrot with vinegar, sugar, a pinch of salt and some black pepper.


I sliced the portabello mushroom caps into thick slices.


Then green beans and corn went into the steamer for a few minutes.



All the ingredients waiting for assembly:



The dish in the upper left is a mix of 1 tsp. of hoisin sauce and 1 tsp. of chicken broth.

I lined the bottom of the pocket with some baby lettuce and then added in some of the carrot.



Then some of the green beans and corn and the first drizzle of sauce.



Then the mushrooms - 






Finally, a little more carrot and the rest of the sauce.




This sandwich pocket was incredibly messy to eat but it tasted great!

And the best part? I got to munch on all the extra veggies that didn't fit into the pocket.

Now I am really, truly, I am so serious about this, going to head to the store and get my new hard drive :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment